Re: gasoline pricing

To: kgb@clipper.net
Subject: Re: gasoline pricing
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 21:24:40 EST
Cc: RBHouston@aol.com, type79@ix.netcom.com, boxweed@thebest.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
I grew up in the Boston area and mass transit was well established and
working well.  I used it routinely commuting from the burbs to Boston
where I went to school.  I also used it to visit friends before I could
drive.  Now that I'm living in the great north west, intercity transit is
poor, but the city bus line and light rail are pretty good.  Using them
to go downtown instead of driving, I do all the time.  I can transact
business and get back home on the transfer before it expires, and not
have to pay 90 cents an hour on the meters, if I can find a vacant one,
or much more in a public parking garage.  Buses are new, clean and the
drivers are usually pretty nice.  All this for a 55 cent bus fare! (Oops,
I'm giving away my age!)

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.