Re: valve adjusting...

To: Toby Atwater <Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: valve adjusting...
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 03:11:28 -0800
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Toby,

On Night shift today so I figured I could answer your questions.  It's pretty
easy on the Sprite.

Take the cover off and position the cam as the book describes for rocker arm 8
down fully.  This is your starting point.  Adjust valve 1 for I believe 12
thousands.  Put the car in gear third or second and roll the car forward until
the next valve 6 is down.  Adjust valve 3.  And so on until they are done.

Rocker arm down      Valve adj.
        8                            1
        6                            3
        4                            5
        7                            2
        1                            8
        3                            6
        5                            4
        2                            7

If you have done it correctly then the engine should only be rotated about to
complete turns, or at least in this order.

I would do it at least every six months.  It really depends on how much you
drive you car.  If I remember right the book recommends every 12K miles

Good luck

Rick