Re: front plate requirement

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front plate requirement
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:32:59 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
>Back in our hot rodder days we knew
> almost all of these types of details in order to keep our cars street
legal.

 Back in my father's hotroding days, he test drove his old Chevy pickup
(1931? cant recall) with nothing but the engine, frame, suspension, tires
and maybe a steering wheel. He test drove it around the block and got pulled
over... The young police officer wrote out about a $800 worth of fix it
tickets. No windshild, no bumper, front and rear, no headlights, tail lights
missing... etc.... he ended up putting his car back together and only paying
the $800 ... i think it was $5 fee per each fix it ticket or something crazy
like that.

BTW my mk4 has no front license plate... "it spoils the lines of the car"
heh. I was pulled over and asked about it. I pulled it out from under the
drivers seat, the officer laffed and let me go.

Toby

69 AH sprite
71 Toyota Land Cruiser