Re: British Car magazine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: British Car magazine
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:58:26 -0800 (PST)
I think that was the leaf green bugeye we saw at the Palo Alto show. Supposedly
the restoration was done by these twin teenage boys, but they couldn't answer
any restoration questions about the work done, or where they got their parts,
and deferred everything to their dad. I pointed out to them that they had both
welded and riveted wheels on the car, which they hadn't noticed, and they even
argued with me stating that the paper/foil Air-duct hose in the engine
compartment was as per original, when we all know it should be a rubberized
cloth over wire.
The car was nice though, but it was kind of interesting how they had gone
through some real pains to make certain things 'original', but then they had a
1275 with the original bugeye carb set-up, and also disk brakes installed. It
also had one of the nicest sets of green carpeting (not original), and it had a
custom green canvas top. So I'm not quite sure what they were shooting for.
I also understand that thier dad either owns a british car shop, or is a
seller/distributor for parts, so they did have more than the usual resources
available.

 - Bryan