Windshield is in

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield is in
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:35:44 -0800 (PST)
The gasket for the windshield arrived from AH Spares and is now on the car.
Many thanks to the list for advice on installing it.  Some, as always, told
of the virtual impossibility of the task, others said tough but not too bad.
I laid the frame on a large couch cushion, inserted the gasket, laid the
windshield on top, started a lower corner first.  With Armour All and a
plastic bike tire iron and a butter knife I had it in in 20 minutes, on the
road an hour later.  I guess if the gasket is English as well as the glass
the fit is not so bad.

Anyway, the weather is good, I took the day off work and the Bugeye and I
are heading out on the country roads to spend the morning together.

I'm kind of glad the gasket didn't arrive before the Mini-Mania swapmeet, as
I would have driven it to the meet and ended up parked near Bryan V.'s
Bugeye.  That kind of comparison I'm not ready for.  I'd have to salvage my
pride by 'draggin' him out of the lot on the way home, screaming "Eat turbo
smoke, pretty boy!" :)

                        Regards, Glen 'almost grown up' Byrns