Re: dem's da ...

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dem's da ...
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:34:01 EST
In a message dated 3/16/00 12:42:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, David C. writes:

<< >Speaking of wheels, guys--I am going to sandblast my Rostyles for
repainting
 >and baking.  Question about sandblasting--Should I avoid the sealing inner
 >lip of the rims when sandblasting or will that not disturb the sealing
nature
 >of the lip?  Seems like if there is rust there it might help it to blast off
 >the rust.  Or does the blasting and repainting process restore the seal?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I missed this part of your post.  I had my Rostyles sandblasted when I got
the Midget.  They were fairly rusty, including the spare, which had rust on
the sealing bead.  When the tire shop installed the new tires he put a
sealing goo around the bead and there are no leaks.  Very easy.

One word of warning.  The Rostyles will begin to rust very quickly after you
blast them.  Make sure you treat them with some kind of rust inhibitor stuff
before priming and painting.  It is very difficult to get paint into the
crevices of the wheels, so treat them first.

Thanks to Chuck Christ for warning me of this a year ago.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport