LBC work this weekend

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC work this weekend
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:56:42 -0800
I have my work cut out for me this weekend.
I wanted to install new carpets in my Bugeye since my 2 year old pre
made set is shot. (it was new for Sprite Rush 98 it's ripped and trash
now)
So I am going the We tight route with $20 worth of rolled carpet and a
can of glue. I figured now would be a good time to replace the seats too
since they have been finished since Thanksgiving and just sitting in the
basement. Since I have to remove the old ones to do the rug, why not? I
also wanted to install my new dash with many extra gauges and switches
but I am waiting for a few goodies from Ron like REAL spade connectors
that work! I want to make a sub harness as not to cut into the stock
harness incase I go back to original (unlikly but who knows)

Then today my son says the wipers on PIECES finally quit. Now they are
manual like stick your hand out the window and push/pull the wiper arm!
I knew they were going, they started out 2 speeds slow and slower, on my
trip to the midwest in September I had slower and intermittent, over the
winter we had intermittent and grunt, today they quit all together.
So copper tubes, new grease, good used MGB wiper motor (2 speed) and
yank the dash to get to the wheel boxes which are probably shot from
what ever is jambing up the wipers.

And to complete my weekend, I just ran into my son at the Wawa trying to
turn on the defrosters in the A40. He has the A40 tonight because PIECES
has no wipers and his VW is not quite finished. I took a look and it
turns out the heater motor must be just about dead. It is running but
barely. Hardly making any noise and not blowing any air. I do have
spares, even one NOS blower motor, but why would a motor just slow down?

Peter, do you have a 2 speed heater blower motor? 3 screws, same size as
most MGs
Kingsborne sold replacments but I do not know if any were 2 speeds. This
would be nice. If it has 3 wires, it's a 2 speed.

So having to work tomorrow (Saturday) and 3 LBCs to get to, 2 of them
MUST FIX, 1 would like to improve, is going to make for a very busy
Sunday.

So I guess I won't be getting to the tandem brake master on the A40 this
weekend.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ