Fw: Brake master cylinder Continued

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Brake master cylinder Continued
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:58:19 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
> Not with me.  Aside from aeration any water vapour introduced into the system
> (which over time it will) remains free water and under heavy braking can turn
> into steam - when you least want it to.
>
> I have never understood why anyone would take such a risk which is a lot
> bigger than getting fluid on your paint.

I use silicone fluid in my Midget and Healey BJ8 for the reason that I'm one of
those people who think the probabilities are exactly the opposite.  In over 10
years of using silicone, I have never experienced losing the brakes -- because
of steam or anything else.  I have, however, occasionally spilled brake fluid on
my expensive paint jobs.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain