No lead head?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: No lead head?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:56:54 -0800
A friend of mine with a '73 Midget has got himself in the "while I'm at it"
conundrum. He started out with a broken A-arm and now he he wants to do
some engine work while it's out for a 5 speed conversion, etc., etc. He's
wondering if he should do a no lead conversion on the head. The engine has
only about 50k on it and it will be used as a daily driver once it's
together again.

I was checking the archives and there are those on both sides of the issue.
Anybody care to open this can of worms?  He would also like some breathing
improvement to the head. Is there a better route than rebuilding his
(cylinder) head and doing the porting modifications? I guess APT is
everyone's favorite. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Gerard

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A