How long is it? (or size does matter)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: How long is it? (or size does matter)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 06:53:11 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Was intending to pick up a 1275 rib case tranny yesterday but while there,
due to my fiendish ability to turn a mildly bad deal into a disaster, I
decided instead, to buy a complete engine/tranny combo.   Condition? "It was
running good till just before the wreck".  I wasnt able to bring it home
cause I was in my girlfriends Geo Tracker.  The question:  Does anyone have
a complete engine/tranny sitting next to their computer with a tape measure
nearby?   A more appropriate question would be how to get some idea of the
condition of both, before pulling the 948 out of my bugeye.  I guess a
compression test, drop oil pan and look for metal chunks.....what else
should/could  be done while its sitting on the garage floor?   Larry, soon
to be elderly Floridian.
PS:  Anyone else from these parts planning on the treck to the August get
together?
-----