Re: Phosphoric Acid

To: Charles Markham <chaz2@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Phosphoric Acid
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:37:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles,

If you are not accustomed to working with acids - your best bet is to
use "Metal Prep" or "Rust Cutter" or just about any of the rust removers
that are available in hardware stores or at your local auto parts
place.  Just read the label - most of them are phosphoric acid and are
at the correct dilution.

If you don't dilute acid correctly it can become VERY hot! Hot enough to
boil.  If it splashes when boiling very bad things happen.  I have a
friend who only has the sight in one eye because he wasn't thinking
about what he was doing. Wear eye protection and acid proof gloves!!

Please be Careful!!

Kevin Valentine
Been working with acids for 25 years and still respect them!