New York Times MG article

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New York Times MG article
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:54:51 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry Macy wrote:

> Well Mike - in this country Driving IS a privilege. It is and has never
> been a right. On the other hand, as you say it is far too easier to get a
> license. This is pretty important to me at the moment as I have a 16 y/o
> daughter with a learners permit. She has had driving training and passed.
> She could walk in the testing place and get her license today, but I will
> no let her. Driving is NOT her right. It is a privilege and she can earn
> it with more practice. And proof that she will be a safe defensive driver
> on the road outside the apt complex we live in.

C'mon Larry, give your daughter a break...

She couldn't possible have any parallel parking difficulties with the Midget
now, could she?  I wonder what the obnoxious testing clerks will say when
they are forced to get in for the road evaluation?

Any way...   John Twist made the front page of the Auto section of the New
York Times today, with an article headlined:  "MG's Faithful Get Hopes Up
Again."  He's got his '80 MGB and his '54 MGTF in the picture.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 SPrite