Re: Transporting Spridgets

To: "Dan O'Shea" <danoshea@idsi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transporting Spridgets
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:28:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Dan:  Just finished doing that....you can rent a UHaul auto transporter for
a one way rental for around $200...the car will fit....just barely....they
will tell you it wont, so you have to tell them its for an Escort, etc.  The
Rider trailer is completely decked over so its an easier load/unload, but I
dont know their pricing structure.  Your other option is to make up a tow
bar and tow the car "flat".  If the engine isnt running then you should
disconnect the drive shaft.  If the engine is running then crank it up every
150 miles for a  few minutes to lube the tranny.  The tow bar is the
cheapest solution and then you have it for later use.  If you decide to go
UHaul route you will need a serious tow vehicle....the empty trailer is well
over 2000lbs!  Good luck, Larry Cogan.  BTW there are numerous msgs on
transporting on the archive list.