More on the Swag Diamond trip

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More on the Swag Diamond trip
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:06:04 -0800 (PST)
An excellent day to drive and the perfect cars to enjoy it.  The look son
the faces of some of the passing drivers when four bugeyes all in a row go
zooming by.  We gave them a show.

After all the work and last minute hassles, the car ran great and even got
fairly decent mileage. The windy roads from Calistoga to Lower Lake were
well know to me so I had a bit of an advantage in keeping up with Rick.

It was great fun to meet the faces that go with the screen names on the
list.  Just the chance to see Bob and Anice's gorgeous Bugeye made the trip
worth it. Throw in the diamonds (yes, I got a little baggie of them), the
food, the roads, and the look and sound of the collected cars (especially
the bugeyed foursome) and you've got a trip to remember. Top that off with a
nice looking shirt for good measure.

AS I recall, there were four bugeyes, one MGA, 1 box sprite, 1 midget, 1
MGB, and a volvo and a van.
Gerard, remember next time to tape paper plate halves to the hood to
simulate bugeyes and be a bit less conspicuous in the pace line.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye