Re: keys gone travelling...need to hotwire

To: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: keys gone travelling...need to hotwire
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:28:23 -0800
Andy,

The Brown-blue wire is your power source. The single white wire you
describe should be a white with a red tracer. That one goes to your starter
solenoid. The other two wite wires go to your ignition light and fuel pump,
if you have an electric one or electric tach. If you have both, there
should be 3 white wire off that terminal, but I think that may be on later
cars than yours. Seems you will need to jump the brown-blue to both
terminals.

Gerard

At 3:15 AM +0000 3/30/00, Andy Webster wrote:
>My girlriend just rang from acroess the state to tell me that she has both
>sets of sprite keys with her.
>I have removed the ignition/key assembly and there are three terminals,
>with: 2 white wires(going to the one terminal), a single whie wire, and a
>brown wire with a blue stripe.
>The car is a MkII with a pull starter switch separate to the key assembly.
>Can anyone tell me which wires to connect to start the car...or is it just
>connect all of them?
>thanks..
>Andy

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux