Re: B Engine

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B Engine
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:17:03 -0800
I was curious about this at one point since I have a fresh MGB engine. I
believe the shifter is about 5 inched further back than the Sprite
(measuring the length from the bell housing) The engine may be possible
(didn't check carfully) but I don't think the trans would work... maybe a
Datsun  5 speed? I think there are probably easier engine swaps with closer
to original engine weight and more power than this one. An RX7 block is
slicghtly smaller and I think even weighs less.

Gerard

At 7:02 AM -0500 3/31/00, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>Aybody ever put the MGB engine, Tranny, and rear end into a Spridget? Is it
>impossible?  Too much cutting involved?  I have an MGB GT in my back
>yard--right hand drive--really rusty, but I think the engine, with some
>cleaning and freshening, and the tranny, etc., are good.  I have no title to
>this car so it is going to be strictly parts.  My other choice is to part it
>out on eBay.  Any thoughts about the B engine conversion will be appreciated.
>
>--David C.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com