Sudden Problems!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sudden Problems!!
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:20:58 EST
My 1500 has developed a problem.  While driving in the warm sunshine this
afternoon and negotiating some curves and finally a 90 degree turn by
downshifting, I erroneously downshifted too far and shot the revs up suddenly
to over 5000.  Now the engine has developed a rattle or knock--worse when
revved.   I pulled the valve cover but nothing seems out of place there.  Now
it seems to be coming from the lower engine or perhaps the clutch area--not
sure which yet.

I will have AAA tow it to my favorite British shop where I can use the cherry
picker if I need to pull the engine.  Will keep you advised of the problem
and the progress.  If anybody has an idea what could have snapped please
advise.  Thanks!

--David C.