Great gasoline idea (worth a read, marginal LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Great gasoline idea (worth a read, marginal LBC)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:27:35 -0800 (PST)
Had to share -
>From today's Florida Today newspaper, a reader wrote
in saying we should all conserve gasoline to drive
prices down.  Hmmmm, I thought, a little unusual for
these parts, what with all the pickup trucks, SUV's,
and retiree snowbirds in Cadillacs...would he suggest
carpooling?  Switching to econoboxes and Mopeds?
God-forbid, walking or biking more in this state known
for sunshine and outdoor weather?  Nope, his great
idea:

"Conserve gas by buying it at the cheapest price,"
and, here's the kicker, "even if you have to drive a
little farther to find it."  Conserve by using more!
Why didn't I think of that!  Reminds me of when Archie
Bunker had the idea of increasing airline safety by
arming all the passengers as they board...

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032