Re: JC Whitney cheap stuff

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: JC Whitney cheap stuff
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:33:50 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen Byrns wrote:

> I saw in JC Whitney a replacement flasher module that they claim to be twice
> as loud as a 'normal' one.  As someone who occasionally leaves his blinker
> on for a foot or two after the corner once in a great great while...  this
> sounds good.  Has anyone tried it?

I picked up a pair of beepers from Radio shack for about $5 (2 in a
package)
They are so loud I had to cover the thing with tape. It keeps you signal
time to a bare minimum that's for sure. I just wired it into the dash
indicator bulb and it hangs out up under the dash.

> Also on page 91 of their catalogue is a listing for a 'universal door and
> trunk weatherstripping' that looks to be a cheap yet suitable replacement
> for spridgets.  Has anyone tried it?

Not correct but much better then the stock stuff for keeping the weather
out.
No metal clips, fits great, easy to work with.

> The last item I ordered was the replacement polyurethane sway bar bushing
> set with mounting straps.  The straps should fit the spridget holes
> according to the listed dimensions, and they come in all sizes including the
> 9/16" I need.  At $9.95 for the whole set, it looks like a bargain.

No expierience with them yet.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ