RE: A.H. Spares panels

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A.H. Spares panels
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 07:05:18 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
Ain't it fun to get a new "toy" to play with Larry. I think I'm going to
order my welder today or tomorrow. I decided on the Lincoln Weld Pak 100
with the mig kit. Sears has it in the catalog for less than $400 and free
shipping. I know there was some suggestions on the Lincoln SP125 but it is
just to much more money (about $200 locally and I haven't found it online
anywhere).

Robert, I checked the "tags" on my panels. They're just inventory tags (part
number, etc.). As far as the panel quality, I looked real close at the
panels last night (A post cover, cowl panel). They look well finished
although there are some small ripples in the A post and some small creases
aft of the defrost vent slots in the cowl panel. All should be easy to
repair during installation and finishing. I haven't seen a M*** or VB panel
up close and personal so I'm basing it all on original panels.

Of course what I may do to them during installation may render these small
imperfections moot. This will be my first attempt at welding in new body
panels.

Bill Hunt
64 MKII Sprite - HRBYTOY