Re: Turn signal blinking

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turn signal blinking
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:51:24 -0700
Charles
I have found that a burnt out light will cause the speed of the blink to
change.  Also if the wattage of the bulbs is different from side to side, or
if a ground to one of the fixtures isn't very good.  The flasher unit on the
later cars is behind the dashboard just above the passenger footwell.  On
earlier cars it is in the engine compartment mounted to the firewall, again
just above the passenger footwell, and to the outside of the bonnet hinge.
(all descriptions US cars).  I replaced my turn signal flasher unit with a
solid state one I bought at Pep Boys.  Speed of the flash stays the same
regardless of voltage, etc.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget