Lee Petty

To: mgs@autox.team.net, phax@eng.kns.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lee Petty
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:37:33 EDT
Although NASCAR isn't my favorite kind of racing, I was saddened to hear the
news that Lee Petty has died.  No matter what you think of roundy-round
racing, Lee Petty is a legend for his early career, as well as spawning an
entire multi-generational family of racers, Richard, Kyle and Adam.

I got to watch his great-grandson Adam race (close up!) at Nazareth Speedway
last year while I was working security in the hot pits.

Let's all raise a glass to Lee Petty.

Allen Hefner #51
Philly Region Rally Steward
2000 Regional Rally Achievement Award Winner!
'77 MG Midget (FSP)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (HS)