Re: Slime WAS Lurkers / would-be-buyers

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Slime WAS Lurkers / would-be-buyers
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:41:55 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay and list,
        I don't know what Dave used that was green, but here is what I have
used,
and my customers are currently running, and it is clear (to me at least)
        Permatex  Form-A-Seal Leak Repair   "Stops engine leaks in minutes" Part
number or Item number 82096 This forms a rubber-like coating. I have used
it on vacuum diaphragms, and to seal freeze plugs, and as an additional
sealant on the exterior of oil seals when installing. I confess I haven't
tried to stop an engine leak with it, but I haven't found anything that I
could reasonably expect it to seal that it didn't. (a drive through vat
would be a nice item) It is a spray and when sprayed into the vacuum can
and let sit it will seal porous diaphragms... not gaping holes in my
experience.
        Go to their web site (Permatex's) for details. It may not be easy to
find,
I usually have to special order it by the case. Try home centers as well as
automotive stores.
        Peter c