Re: Dead battery

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dead battery
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 20:17:56 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
Wouldn't a fairly big short drain the battery pretty fast. Of course the
short would have to be pre fuse and thick enough not to melt away. ([cough],
another reason to have an amp meter)) It seems even with the
alternator\generator not charging the battery, an average battery would
still last longer than 10 minutes even with lights, ignition, radio among
other aux. equipment. If you got the battery at AutoZone, Pep Boys (insert
other crap auto parts places) they will check it out for you to see if its
chemically dead. Also the good old kind of battery chargers actually show
how many amps its charging at, and not just "LOW". My dad's hand me down
charger from Sears-Roebuck vintage 1950s (its got the 6 or 12 volt switch
too) has a nice amp gauge on it, to see how far down the battery really is.

Did you store it on concrete? (let's not start that tread again)

Good luck

Toby
69 AH Sprite (awaiting SU carb rebuild.)
71 FJ40