Internal Dizzy Wiring

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Internal Dizzy Wiring
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 04:42:30 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
I rebuilt my distributor about a month ago... and I just thought about this
problem.

You know in the distributor there are a few wires that jump over the
advancing section of the distributor and onto the outside? Like there is a
ground wire, and a coil wire. These are the ones that are made out of that
stringy and thready copper wire. Well when I was rebuilding it... I replaced
these with some regular stranded copper wire. and soldered them into place.
It works well enough but now I'm thinking maybe those regular wires are
preventing the distributor to advance properly. I did leave some slack in
the lines but I'm not sure if it is enough. Anybody know where I can get the
proper thready copper wire? Next time in there I want to replace the crappy
job I did. I'm thinking the wires may stress overtime and break strand by
strand.

Any thoughts appreciated as always...

Toby

71 FJ40