RE: Tires....

To: "Terry Williams" <t.williams@mrg.ca>, "'Charles Markham'" <chaz2@gis.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net " <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires....
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:02:59 -0400
I have always run 165/70's on my RB Midget. Currently I have
Continentals. I chose them because they had the most "European" design in
a 13". I would not do it again. These tires suck. The have no grip in the
wet and the sidewalls are so soft the rims nearly touch the ground in
hardf cornering. I used to always run Michelins, but at the time I hadn't
the funds to go that far.

Larry

>Hi Charles..
>
>I went through this just last week, and ended up with a set of 155/80/13s
>for my '77. I was concerned about stories of sizes over 165 rubbing (I
>don't know 'bout that - looks like I could have gone at least this size,
>but anything over that looks like they'd impead on the rear arches (oh, for
>a RWA).
>
>The 80s are nice and tall without being silly, and fill up the wheel wells
>nicely. Width looks 'right' on the car too.
>
>Hope this is helpful!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Terry

Larry Macy