Re: Tires....and request for help

To: kate & gary <kgb@clipper.net>
Subject: Re: Tires....and request for help
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:50:32 -0700
Cc: Charles Markham <chaz2@gis.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
kate & gary wrote:

> Now, I need some advice. Is there an easy way to change a 1275 starter when
> one has no access to a lift? As I remember, it was just a matter of a few
> mitutes for the Morris, but the MG is a bit cramped for space. Help?

Kate

Why would you need a lift? So you don't have to bend down as far?
Yeah my back hurts from replacing the starter yesterday, but a lift
wouldn't help.
Mark and remove the dizzy, with a helper on the right side footwell
(head first and a 9/16" wrench, have the helper remove the rubber bung
while you undo the bolts from the starter as he holds the nuts. pull it
out and up where the dizzy used to be.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ