Re: Moving violation points between IL and WI (No LBC)

To: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moving violation points between IL and WI (No LBC)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 05:12:27 -0700 (PDT)
Bill,

These days, more and more DMVs are sharing info on
drivers points. The odds are very high that the points
will follow. Hey...what's 5 years to clear them off!?
:o))
I would do the school thing and be done with it. He
may spend more than the $75 ticket but he'll save more
than the $20 difference in the end (insurance will go
up if they check his record and see the points).

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

--- William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net> wrote:
> Sorry to blast the whole list with this, but I know
> there's a good
> number of smart IL and WI people here, so I'm
> looking for advice.  A
> friend at work (WI) just got a moving violation in
> IL.  Knowing I'm now
> an IL resident, he came to me for advice.
>
> He has three options with the ticket.  Fight it, pay
> it ($75), or pay
> even more for "traffic school" ($95) and they
> dismiss the charges.  My
> advice was to fight it, but he doesn't intend to.
>
> Question is: Does IL report points to WI?  If not,
> he'd rather not go to
> 4 hours of traffic school.  If so, he would.
>
> Related question: he's in the middle of moving
> out-of-state (IN).  If he
> got his new license before the court date, even if
> IL does report to WI,
> would the points then follow him on his new IN
> license?  In other words,
> could he get his IN license now and then pay the
> ticket in 3 weeks
> without the conviction showing up?
>
> So, not serious enough for a lawyer, but we'd
> appreciate any advice.
>
> Bill Elliott
> Lake Barrington, IL

=====