Re: Two weeks in Europe - Pics

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Two weeks in Europe - Pics
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:08:16 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
trevor,
        thanks for the link! it's a great tour, and very easy to navigate
the photos too. i'm sure you had a wonderful time. seeing the
townhouses on the old factory site made me think of the high-rise
apartments that stand on the site of the old polo grounds in new
york city.
        one can only wonder if the current residents think at all about
what went on in the past at the site of those present day homes.
when willie mays turned his back to home plate and chased down the
long fly ball off the bat of vic wertz in 1954 it was four years
before the birth of our beloved spridgets.
        the best part of touring is to see what is, and to reminisce about
what once was!

thanks again,
paul metzger
keene, nh

--
"If the only tool you have is a camera,
        then every problem looks like a photo-op!"