Good Day

To: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good Day
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:39:10 -0700
Today was a good LBC day.  Started off by getting out the parts I've been
promising to several list members.  Took the '78 Midget out with top down,
first clear day with no rain in a week.  Managed to find all the
packing/shipping materials I needed at KMart.  Got everything packaged up
and down to the US Post Office.  A short line!  On the way back home, a
small miss-adventure.  Sitting at the stop light, with clutch in/ tranny in
first... clutch starts disengaging on its own.  Good thing I am only one
block from home.  Check usual suspect and find that the hydraulic line has
rubbed through and is leaking.  A quick trip to my local British parts
supplier and it is... IN STOCK!  He reminds me that there is a club meeting
tonight.  Run home, change hydraulic line, and do an oil change with my 8
month old daughter watching on (got to start them young).  Put her in the
carseat and buckle her into the 74, wife drives the 78 and we head for the
club meeting.  Lots of laughs from club members about needing two cars to
get anywhere.  Raffle drawing yields a nice prize: I now have a new 8 piece
mini pick and driver set :)
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget