Re: Improving Safety & Reliability

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Improving Safety & Reliability
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:55:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/00 9:13:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

<< 7. Driver. Be aware _everytime_ you drive your Sprite that you are
 doing something SPECIAL. This is a two-edged sword. It's fun,
 exhilarating, makes you feel above it all. The other reality is that
 you are below it all; in the case of a Subdivision...I mean
 Suburban...you are several feet below the driver's sight line. Don't
 be scared, but be AWARE. Don't paint yourself into a corner in
 traffic. Always assume that you cannot be seen and that you will need
 to compensate for the apparent blindness of others. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Boy, I agree with that one!!  On my drive to the seashore last weekend in the
rain, Iwasnext to a new Chrysler 300.  I was looking squarely at the top of
his tire!  I had no idea those things were so tall.

The very first time I drove my Midget last year was to MGs at Mercer in
Doylestown, PA.  I was going up Route 611 and got stuck at a light.  A new
Ford F150 on my left, an Excursion on my right, and a dump truck in front.  I
felt like I drove into a pit!  I could see the entire underside of the F150.

Then I decided to put in air horns.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget