My G-G-G-Generator (real question at end)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: My G-G-G-Generator (real question at end)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:10:34 -0700 (PDT)
Sung to the tune of The Who's "My Generation":

Went up last night to Madison Town
To try to make my generator spin 'round and 'round
It wouldn't make no volts hot or cold
But then again the generator's 46 years old

My Generator, this my generator...
Tryin' keep those volts from f-f-f-fading away...

Sorry--anyway, after a post-beer backshop rebuild on
my generator, we (Peter C. and I) hooked up a battery
charger (and later battery) to the generator terminals
to check movement.  The gen spins, but only at maybe
40 RPM.  I had never checked it this way before, and
Peter recalled it should spin like a starter.  Anyone
have an opinion before I try it on the car and/or
return it to Peter for a full rebuild?

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032

http://invites.yahoo.com