Re: Universal symbols (no LBC)

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Universal symbols (no LBC)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:42:41 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> I have just about had it with universal sybols on things these days.

My favorite encounter with a universal symbol was the yield sign.  We
all know these as a triangle with the point facing the ground.  I saw
some of these in England.  They paint them on the road with the point
facing you.  I saw my first one when I got off a highway onto a local
road.  Remember I am from the US and used to driving on the right side
of the road.  Here I am in England, driving on the left side of the
road, which feels very strange for me.  Picture this, we head off
the highway and encounter the yield symbol paint on the road, pointing
at our car.  The passenger and I both thought the same thing, that
it was an ARROWHEAD and we were going the WRONG way.  We both yelled
"Holy s**t, were going the wrong way."  Panic ensued as the switched
lanes, now I really was going the wrong way.  A couple of those symbols
soiled our shorts before we learned to ignore them.  After about 4
hours on the road we realized that it was a yield symbol, Duh.

Bill "wrong way, change lanes many times" Gilroy