RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'Larry Miller'" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:26:28 -0700
Larry,
Assuming the black/yellow plates ended at ZZZ 999 and the blue/yellow plates
started at 000 AAA, then there were 238,652 plates issued between mine in
August and yours in November\December. If we allow the full month of August
and count the full month of December, that's five months, so the DMV was
pumping out plates at the rate of 48,000 a month (I'm rounding off now; my
brain is starting to hurt). Since there are 38,165 combinations between my
YXG 796 and ZZZ 999, then the switch in plate color must have happened right
around the end of August or the beginning of September.

And yes, to anyone who wants to ask, it's a slow afternoon here...and what's
a calculator for if not to answer earth-shattering questions like this?

Jim Algar