Re: Pertronix catalog??

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Pertronix catalog??
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:23:52 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry -

I'm thinking that the ignitor module itself (the little jobbie that
mounts to the advance plate and does all the magic) will probably fit
either dizzy, but the trigger (the part that fits on the distributor
shaft) might not.

The original 1500 Midget dizzy is a Lucas electronic unit, and the
center shaft is different from all the points type distributors.  The
base plate is pretty much the same, though.

Now, if you're not going concours, you're probably not going to ever fit
an original type distributor, because they're a pain in the butt.  So if
you change the distributor that's in there, you'll probably change it
for another points-type distributor, and everything may move over fine.

If you DO put in an original-type unit, you can probnably get the
1500-type trigger from Perstor and be good to go.

My $0.02, based on my experience with my 1500.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net