wonderful day.....right!!!!!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: wonderful day.....right!!!!!!
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 07:24:56 EDT
finally had a beautiful weekend here in northeast tenn, great plans for
working and driving my 74 midget. wrong.... seems the wife wanted the yard
mowed because we don't have a hay baler( i just don't understand here
priorities). took all beautiful day saturday to get it done. darkness falls,
i'm exhausted. sunday is now my day for working on the midget. got the new
organic brake pads and new shoes for the rear. push the midget out into the
sunshine and jack her up. so far so good. what, no retainer for the brake
pads on the left front, the left rear is soaked in rear end grease, brake
springs were installed on the wrong side of the shoes, new seal installed,
springs turned around, everything okay except that retainer, but i've been
driving it like that for a while so...is it necessary? now the right side,
front has the retainer, change pads, no problem. now the rear, like to have
never got the drum off, the leading shoe has totally separated from the metal
part and has been riding on top of the wheel cylinder which no longer has the
rubber boots on either side and one side is froze in the bore. well there
goes my test drive until i get a new cylinder. da.............. i guess this
explains why i have no brakes. dpo had told me the rear brakes were great.
now i know why they are dpo's. oh well got to order a wheel cylinder and wait.
bill r
74 midget