Re: Bugeye floormats

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye floormats
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 09:12:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have gone through this already with one rubber manufacturer (Carson Rubber
Products in Clover, SC).  They kept my original '61 Midget floor mats for
about 8 months to use as patterns while they were trying to decide whether
they could reproduce them or not, and finally decided that the original
bumps in the MG mats were too deep to reproduce.  There were about 4 or 5
other rubber manufacturers that thought they could reproduce the mats, but I
subsequently got rid of the '61, and now only do '63s, which came originally
with carpets.  I would guess that since the Sprite rubber mats don't have
the bumps in them like the Midget ones, these could probably be reproduced
more easily.  The price I was quoted to do the Midget mats was in the
neighborhood of $200 per set if 100 sets were done at one time.  The Sprite
sets should be less, because I believe there are only 3 molds they would
have to make instead of the 5 required for the Midget.  If anyone is
interested, I can pass on the names of the 4 or 5 companies that thought
they could reproduce the mats.

Bob