Re: What's my next step?

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's my next step?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 06:33:16 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2000 10:00:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< it didn't appear to be wet with fuel,
 so I suspect that the float bowls or carbs might be blocked somehow.  How do
 I address this?  >>

I don't run SU's but since you have installed a new fuel pump you might pull
the fuel line at the carb, insert it into a can or jar and turn on the
ignition to ssee if it is in fact pumping.  I would then check out the float
level/bowl and needle (is it stuck since it sat for a while?) for correct
setting or sediment in the bowl.  These  things being squared away will
assure you that fuel is getting to carburettor.  Beyond that, I am sure you
will get listers ideas on setting the carb, but that will give you a starting
point.

--DAvid C.