Re: What's my next step

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's my next step
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:53:50 EDT
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Incidentally, the manual suggests using caustic soda (which I assume is
just
 lye in water), then rinsing with Nitric acid (where can I get this?  I'm not
 a chemistry student anymore!) and then in water with baking soda.  Does
 regular carb cleaner not dissolve gasoline varnish? >>

You don't want to get anywhere near nitric acid, it's nasty stuff.  One of
its uses is to strip nickle plating.  Good carb cleaner  should dissolve
varnish, or try soaking parts in lacquer thinner (metal only, may dissolve
plastic stuff like floats).

Pete G.