Wiper problem, part deux

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper problem, part deux
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 00:48:17 -0700
Cc: Patrick Elliott <patrick.elliott@attws.com>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Hi all,

    I started taking wiper spindles apart.  It turns out that for some
reason, the passenger wiper (the farthest one on the end) was causing
the problem, even thought the spindle spins freely.

    I can now pull the cable or turn the spindles by hand, but I have
another problem.  The wipers will only move a few degrees, maybe only
half of a regular travel.  I have been pulling and pushing the cable,
and it pulls out as far as it will go, and when I push it back it the
end that contacts the gear arm goes clear against the tube stop in the
engine compartment.  Something else to look for?  Another wiper spindle
causing the problem?

    And another thing, how are you supposed to get these things off the
cable?  even with the halves of the spindle separated, I can't see how
to do it without bending the cable some way, and using up my full
compliment of profanities....  I just pulled the one on the end off the
end of the cable, since there was only about an inch more of cable left.

Steve.

--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
|   Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."