Re: Valve stem seals with head on?

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve stem seals with head on?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 06:00:55 -0700 (PDT)
I have used these type of spring compressors to remove
valve springs. What I don't like in your description
is using copper tubing to hold valve in place. I have
always used cotton rope. I put the piston down near
bottom dead center and feed in thru the spark plug
hole as much rope as possible (obviously leaving some
sticking out). Then rotate the crank pulley to bring
up the piston and compress the rope against the
valves. Then remove the the valve springs. the cotton
rope will not marr the cylinder walls.

John Holliday
67 Fprod street sprite