Inner A-Arm Pins!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Inner A-Arm Pins!!
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 21:13:04 -0400
OK, I know the removal of these pins has probably come up before.  But
after talking to a few people today, they haven't heard of this problem
removing them..

After several days of soaking the pins in Kroil, I took to removing them
today.  The first thing I tried was to burn up some of the bushings a bit.
Then I tried, on the right side, front pin, to "drift" it out.  The problem
is that the pin seems to be caught on the metal chassis mount.  It's seems
to be taking the hole with the pin and causing a bullet effect.

What I'm going to try to do is get a big clamp on it to apply pressure and
then wiggle the A-arm to see if the pin springs out.  It's almost like the
metal wore a ridge in the pin and now it won't budge.  I don't want to bend
this frame metal anymore - it seems like it's not too bad yet, but I don't
want to go any further.

Any suggestions??  We have a tour mid-June that I need to get ready
for(since I'm putting it on for our club and starts in Doylestown PA -
contact me for details!)

Thanks!
Jason.

|     http://www.austin-healey-stc.org/       |
|http://www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts/index.htm|
|  '65 Austin-Healey Sprite                   |
|  '96 Land Rover Disco  '95 Range Rover LWB  |