Top Bows and hardtops and wheel cylinders

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Top Bows and hardtops and wheel cylinders
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 22:12:39 -0400
In the last little while I've put out two notes on tops.  To bring all of
you up to date:

Top Bows:  It turns out both pairs I have are bent at the point where the
spring is.  It seems years of mis use have cause the bows to bend forward
and therefore droop the leading bow.  I will let you know how successful
the bend back is.  I am still interested in bows but only straight ones!

I still have the mark I/II hardtop for sale but have been unable to get my
hands on a digital camera. Please be patient, I should have a shot or to soon.

Now as for the Frog, we are making progress.  Found out that there are two
types of wheel cylinders, one 1/2 inch longer than the other.  Difference
is whether or not you have to ratchet out to the last stop on the rear
brakes to get anything.  Anybody else experienced this?  Anybody know which
car takes the 1/2 inch shorter units?  (Floating type - does not apply to
you later guys!)

Cheers,
Martyn
The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')