Free LBC Parts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Free LBC Parts
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 22:48:54 -0500
Today was a, well, interesting day.  I finally finished up finals (I
survived!) last week, and am taking some much needed time off before
hitting the office for the summer.  Thus, I finally got off my duff and
prepared to bring the newly acquired '76 Midget and '78 MGB home.  But
more about the events o' the day later -- this is the important stuff:

I'm planning to strip parts from these, and unload the remainder.
Whatever I don't use or need is open to the list.  Only catch is, you
have to come get it.  If the part is worth something to you, that's what
you'll pay; otherwise, its free (great excuse to go for a drive!).  I'm
not setting any prices, and not trying to make any money.  I'm coming out
ahead, anyway.

Some of the parts I already know that I am going to use, and I should
have a more complete list by the end of the week.  However, if you need
something in particular, email me off list, and "call dibs" on it.  I'll
hold it for you if I can't use it.

Whatever isn't gone after July Fourth goes to the scrapyard.

The '76 Midget has wire wheels and a fairly complete smog system (no air
pump) including a smog counter.  I am already pretty sure I won't be
wanting the wire wheels / hubs, etc, so if you were thinking of
converting, now is your chance.    The doors are straight and the glass
and vent windows are good.  Boot lid has a crease.  Bonnet is straight (I
might need this).  Fenders are straight, and I don't think have anything
more than a small amount of light surface rust in one or two places.
Bumpers look good.

The '78 MGB has Rosyle wheels and the tub is rusty as are the sills.  The
engine is pretty much complete.  I think its a non-OD gear box, but
haven't crawled under it to look.  Bonnet is dented badly, driver's door
is straight, boot is straight, bumpers look good.  Passenger door has
crack of doom but has been welded.  I'll be keeping the ignition system,
radiator, steering wheel, sundry electrical items and trim, maybe the
guages and switches, and the windscreen.

Anyway, that's all I can remember for now.  I'm in Council Bluffs, Iowa,
just east across the river from Omaha, Nebraska.

Since I'm no longer signed on to the MG list, would someone please
forward this?

Now, on to my day.....

Naturally, I don't have a tow dolly or a trailer, but do have a tow bar.
No place to mount this on either one without yanking the bumpers.  Hmmmm,
no problem, I'll just bolt this here piece of angle iron to the tie down
mounts, and bolt the tow bar to the angle.  So I air the tires up, scoop
out some of the leaves, and remove the ignition lock from the MGB (no
keys).  My buddy backs up the jeep and hooks up, and.....

We don't even get a half block before the angle breaks, and the Midget
coasts up beside us.  *&@#%$ !  Aw, screw it.  We'll push the thing home
-- only seven blocks.

It was a pleasant jaunt:  Nice day out, the car doesn't weigh much,
little old ladies sitting in lawn chairs waved politely.  Of course,
tomorrow, I gotta figure out how to get the MGB home, but that's another
problem.

Hope everyone else had better day!

Rich -- Council Bluffs, Iowa
'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

'76 Midget (Parts)
'78 MGB (Parts)

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com