anti-roll bar bushes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: anti-roll bar bushes
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:32:36 EDT
For the autoxers on the list,
      How much grip should the D-bushes exert on the anti-rool bar? Should
they  prevent up and down motion only, or prevent rotation of the bar as
well?  I'm running a 15/16 " bar on my B with red polyurethane  bushes, a
2x2" tube steel transverse brace between frame horns and another one from
fender to fender.   When the links are jacked down enough to nicely flatten
the car out in the hard corners, I can hear the bar grinding on the bushings
over the engine noise. Never gave much thought to the problem till I went to
the fatter bar.
  Mark Childers  Union Jack Spares  VA Beach VA