RE: Mag wheel lug nuts

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Mag wheel lug nuts
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:04:16 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I did do a bit of research on this as well as some good feedback from the
list. Regarding 7/16 studs I bought the Moroso studs because I wanted a
longer than stock stud. They are 2-3/8 (I think) with a .480 knurl. Someone
suggested going to your local Napa, P*p B**s, etc and ask for 7/16 studs.
They probably available in different lengths and knurl sizes. I didn't
research the standard studs. The .480 knurl I used is the smallest available
in the long studs and requires drilling the hub.

On the 3/8 mag lugs, I have a couple I got from a local wheel shop an ex
co-worker works for now. I can check with him. You may check with your local
tire & wheel place that carries custom wheels. Sorry I couldn't be of more
help.

Bill Hunt
64 MKII Sprite - HRBYTOY