Oil pan bolt

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pan bolt
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:38:34 -0500
If a pipe wrenck won't budge your stuck oil pan plug, you are in
trouble.  You may try sawing a groove in it so it ends up like a big
screw and using a big flat screwdriver.  But the screwdriver trick
usually preceeds the pipe wrench.    Also, if you can find a big enough
stud remover (eccentric cam type) and a BFRachet (ratchet?), it may
yield.  If you fear the hot wrench (torch) then the drill may be your
next course of action.
Sidebar:  We were in Home Despots a while back and my 4-year old said:
"Daddy, why does that drill have a cord on it?"  I've used cordless
drills since before he was born.  Children find the cutest ways to make
you feel old.
Cheers,
Derf