Rocker switch removal

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker switch removal
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:46:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Since there has been some discussion on this topic recently, and I ended up
destroying a rocker switch last year, I'd like to point out a discovery I
made while looking at the specialized tools section in the Sprite/Midget
factory manual reprint.

One of the tools, at the end of the final section, is designated a panel
switch remover.  It is essentially a U-shaped device with slightly tapered
ends.  If you can get your hand around the back of the fascia, it looks like
you could stick the tool around the surround of the switch, and then push it
(towards you, if you're sitting in the drivers seat) and it will force the
catch tabs together and loosen the switch.

I don't suppose there is still a source for any of the factory made tools
like this, or the Churchill items?  This one is really simple looking, but
it would need to be fabricated out of either metal or hard plastic, so not
easy for the home mechanic to make.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget