Lower control arm - 77 Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lower control arm - 77 Midget
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 21:05:58 -0500
I got a 77 Midget this weekend; finally the MGB
has a friend.

We had a mishap with the trailer.  Seems the chain
got caught where hitting a bump put an upward
force on the car.  Anyway, the lower control arm
(lower spring pan) broke in the hole where the
kingpin pivots.  The drivers side is badly split;
the passenger side has a slight crack.

I have never examined a Spridget arm...are they
supposed to be split or should I be in the market
for replacements?

I take it that while I have them apart, it's the
perfect time to replace the bushings for the arms
as well as the front sway bar, correct?  Are used
lower arms okay?

Thanks,

--
Tyson Sherman