63 Midget Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 63 Midget Questions
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:38:11 EDT
I have read about shims to level the rear quarter eliptic springs...has
anyone experience with these or know where to get the shims?

My car lists more to the left in the front than in the rear but I still think
it is the rear springs that are the problem. Pushing down on the high rear
fender levels the front and the back side to side while pushing down on a
front fender lowers the entire front of the car. Does this make any sense to
anyone?

My brakes seem very weak even after rebuilding. Are there any tricks to
getting a firm pedal and good braking action other than "bleed til you drop"?

Stock appearing exaust on my new car is very loud....can anyone recommend a
quiet exaust setup?

Thanks much, Dave